Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sick Toddlers

I started my new job at the Montessori about 4 weeks ago. I am working at Denver Montessori with 27 two year olds it's rather intense to say the least. I mean they are so incredibly adorable, well, most of them. The issue is that it's very physically exhausting & there are always a ton of sick kids in there! Monday Finn threw up 3 times, pink eye, pneumonia and other random things are going around & it's a little scary. I wish parents would just stop being selfish & keep their kids home when they are sick. It's not fair to the teachers, the other kids or the sick kid when the parent sends them to school sick. I have already missed two days of work since I started due to a double sinus infection. Anyways, they can be really funny though. We have "line time" before they leave where we read, sing & sing good bye to each of the kids. A few of the girls are just so funny & do these great dances when we sing good bye to them. A couple of the kids are just plain hilarious. Yesterday one of the little boys, Bode, came up to me and says "Ashley! This is just so much fun!" we stayed inside for "outside time" so the kids got to listen to music & play with scarves & balls which is apparently just so much fun! Today I was on snack duty & Jackie, my favorite (I am sorry to say but I do have a favorite) has been really into the fact that I have a "baby in my tummy" so she was talking about the baby & then didn't say anything for about 10 minutes then all of a sudden looks up at me & says "I love Harlow." It was adorable! Let me just say she's the itty-bittyest little thing & has platinum blond hair, bright blue eyes & pink cheeks & we all think she looks like Cindy Lou Who. She was wearing 18 mo. size leggings today which should be tight, but they were falling off of her...so funny, let me remind you she is actually 33 mo. the little itty bitty, I can't get enough of her! Every time we hang out I just get so excited to have my own little girlie! I did however have a bit of an issue with the shirt her mom put on her this morning that said "future democrat", SO NOT Ok, but whatever, she has no idea what that even means....

So anyways...I am off to nanny today so I can make a little more money since I barely make anything & I am going to have a baby so I GTG...

No comments: